October 7, 2016
In this week’s show, we celebrate our 100th episode with Big Gay Jim, too many beers and you, our dear listeners, who for some reason, still listen to our crazed ramblings!
Now, grab a beer and help us test the god hypothesis — because, while Ma-hab-har-ata hasn’t struck us down yet, we are trying his patience!
Shea’s Life Lesson
This week I learned that if you take away his money, Donald Trump is that guy on the train that you avoid because he’s yelling out crazy shit with his dick in his hands.
Jenn’s Actual Lesson
Did you know that there are 100 blasts of the Shofar (a ceremonial ram’s horn trumpet) heard in the service of Rosh Hashana, the Jewish New Year.
Jim’s Good gay news
Edie Windsor, the lesbian widow who brought the lawsuit that gutted the Defense of Marriage Act, making federal government recognition of same-sex marriages possible, has gotten married again. She’s 87 and fabulous!
But before we get to all that, let’s have a beer!
This Week’s Beer
Aunt Sally | Lagunitas Brewing Company
- BA Link: http://bit.ly/2dhKOeH
- BA Rating: 86
- Style: American Wild Ale
- ABV: 5.7%
- Aaron: 7
- Jenn: 2
- Jim: 1
- Shea: 7
- Steve: 3
This Week’s Show
Round Table Discussion
We did it! We made it to 100 shows! Take that Shea, laughing at me for using 3 digit show identifiers — whose overly optimistic and nuts now huh!
So this is our 100th show! I think that deserves a round of self-congratulatory applause… And a shot!
Now on to the fun stuff!
Good thing it’s a longer show today because we have all the patrons to thank!... No, but seriously, to all our patrons whose generosity has helped us reach syndication, we couldn’t have done it without you. But less seriously, we have all the patrons to thank:
- Elisabet is a new patron, which is awesome
- CthulhuTheOctopusGod got his tentacles on longer shows…
- And Samantha is our newest Beer Club Member!
We also got some voice mails, clips, and texts from our awesome listeners and other great shows. We actually got more than we thought we would so we’ll be sprinkling them throughout the show, but let’s start with…
We’re really fortunate. It’s our 100th show and our Round Table over-flowithsssszzzss with listener feedback. Not only do we get to talk about patrons, amazon, voicemails and well wishes, we got some iTunes reviews too!
Happy 100th episode!
By: RebelOx (United States)
One of the best podcasts out there! A perfect mixture of beer, religion, news and comedy! Every week we look foward to the show. They really make you wish you lived in Wyoming and could hang out with them as friends. (but…..Wyoming is just too darn cold!)
More fun than an open casket funeral
By: hushpupsmom (United States)
Love the podcast !! More Big Gay Steve !
We are constantly amazed by how fantastic our fans are. Podcasting is still kind of a niche medium, and atheist podcasting even more so. Despite that we’ve had all the feedback, support and supporters that a show could ask for. Really, we couldn’t have done it without you!
Atheism 101 with Matt & Tim
Literally A Podcast
Anti-Vax changes her mind - http://abcn.ws/2dyxx1w
- Kristen O’Meara was an anti-vaxxer who chose not to vaccinate her daughters
- Her three children (all under 7 years) were stricken with rotavirus which causes acute stomach distress (diarrhea)
- She and her husband also fell ill to the same thing (I’m sure this created a very special bonding in the family)
- Kristen learned the error of her ways and now her kids are all fully vaccinated.
- This issue isn’t going away either, In 2013, 87 percent of pediatricians surveyed had encountered patients who refused a vaccine for their child, up from 75 percent in 2006, according to their research
Judgey McAssholerson, suspended for the remainder of his term - http://bit.ly/2dyxfHQ
- Monumental bigot (see what I did there?), judge Roy Moore“…has been sanctioned yet again by the state’s Court of the Judiciary
- Ordered today that Moore is suspended without pay for the remainder of his term in office, this time for defying federal court decisions on marriage equality.”
- The ruling is a refutation of Moore’s attempts to justify his efforts to stop marriage equality from taking effect in Alabama
- He ordered state probate judges to defy the Obergefell and not issue same-sex marriage licenses
Utah Senate candidate shoves his bigotry into the face of grieving family - http://bit.ly/2dywYVw
- Jason Christensen, independent candidate for Utah Senate District 16
- This fucker posted on a facebook thread after a gay teen committed suicide
“Yes this is sad, hopefully God will have mercy on both sins that this boy committed. The sins of homosexuality and the sins of murder(sic)"
“Read the scriptures, stop denying the scriptures,” another post stated. “I do feel bad for him and his sins. But one must recognize what’s(sic) sins and what is not sin. One must live the Gospel of Jesus Christ and not the Gospel of the Devil.”
- Friday, Christensen said he is apologizing for those remarks.
“I apologize for that, and I hope with my love and asking for apology, I hope the family can accept my apology,” he told Fox 13 News.
Literally a Podcast’s awesome Fairy Tale: http://bit.ly/2dyx3IO
This Week’s Stories
Most of these are Patreon only, so head over to http://patreon.com/w4w and sign up!
- This week I learned that Florida is the only place on earth you can be eaten by an alligator, a shark, a crocodile, or a dude.
- I learned that when two people kiss they create a really long tube with assholes on both ends.
- Door to door missionaries are like real world pop up adds, good thing I have add blocker pro, or as I like to call him, Mr. flamethrower
- What do you call a person who has poor hearing?
- Why can’t a nose be 12 inches long?
Shea’s Happy Story
Women created Autism 101 class for law enforcement - http://bit.ly/2dywsqk
Aaron’s First Story
Women should undergo virginity tests before enrolling at universities – http://bit.ly/2dywBdy
- All women attempting to enter a university should be forced to undergo a virginity test, the results of which would be submitted to their parents, an Egyptian MP has urged.
- The lawmaker, Elhamy Agina
“Any girl who enters university, we have to check her medical examination to prove that she is a Miss (a term often used to refer to virgins in Egyptian culture),” Agina told Youm7 newspaper.
“Therefore, each girl must present an official document upon being admitted to university stating she’s a Miss,” he explained.
“No one should be upset by this decision. If you’re upset then that means you’re scared that your daughter is in an ‘urfi’ marriage behind your back,” Agina said. - The politician was later forced to back down from his statements, claiming that he was misinterpreted and was only making suggestions.
“I did not make a demand, I made a suggestion. There’s a big difference between a demand and a suggestion,” Agina said, adding that “people have been attacking me since yesterday and they’re upset and such.”
Wonder Wonder writer confirms character is bisexual. Considering the lack of penises on Themyscira, I don’t think this is exactly news - http://bit.ly/2dyzb2Y
Aaron’s Second Story
Don’t be a woman in India - http://bit.ly/2dyzcny
- A pregnant woman in India was almost set on fire by her husband’s family after a soothsayer predicted that she would carry a girl, not a boy, local media reported.
- The incident took place in the village of Muthukur, Andhra Pradesh state, southeastern India, the Hans India newspaper reported. Though the case happened on August 20, it has appeared in Indian media only recently.
- The woman, identified as Girija, married a man named Tandra Srinivasulu two years ago. The couple already has one daughter.
- The woman’s in-laws demanded she have an abortion, but she did not agree.
- “After Girija refused, her mother-in-laws attempted to set Girija on fire by pouring kerosene on her stomach while she was sleeping,” police sources told News18.com outlet.
- The Hans India daily also reports there was some acid mixed with the kerosene. Neighbors heard the cries and called an ambulance. The woman was admitted to a private hospital.
A charity that tragically has to exist, check them out: http://www.acidviolence.org
7 dating tips for Mormon women, helpfully mansplained for you - http://bit.ly/2dywG0I
This North Carolina sheriff compared transgender kids to lice infestation - http://bit.ly/2dyzivq
“I’m thinking about pulling my school resource officers out of those schools,”
“If we can’t have a better relationship, if they can’t work with us, I don’t know how we can work with them.”
- Sheriff Donnie Harrison of Wake County, N.C.
- The result of a standoff with school administrators, who he accuses of not adequately defining the district’s policy on transgender children.
- The sheriff implied in an email that the policy regarding infectious diseases, such as head lice, should be applied to transgender students
- Claims no connection to HB 2
- Harrison is upset that whatever policy does exist is not consistent across the Wake County school system.
- Outraged that one principal allowed a transgender girl to use the girls’ bathroom
“She had allowed this person, male that is transgender, going to be a female, to go in there as long as he did not take off his underwear,”
“The concern I have is the parents of ‘ALL’ the students and SRO’s should know the policies of the school and school board. Then the parent has a say whether they want their child in the dress out room or not with a transgender student. If my SRO’s know then there is no confusion. The school sends out messages if a child has head lice so parents can make their own decisions as to what to do with the child, so why not allow them to make the decision on whether their child should be in the dress out room or as well.”
Next Week’s Beer
Peanut Butter Porter | Liquid Mechanics Brewing Co.
- Provided by Chad
- BA Link:
- BA Rating:
- Style: Ale Brewed with Peanuts
Faith In Humanity Restored
US boy offers home to Syrian refugee in letter to Obama - http://bbc.in/2dyxL8Z
A letter and video from a six-year-old US boy offering a place in his family to a Syrian refugee whose photo shocked the world goes viral.
8-year-old notices friend was denied a hot lunch due to lack of money, buys lunch for 295 kids - http://bit.ly/2dywU84
Coming Soon: Golden Girls Action Figures - http://bit.ly/2dyyerM
Bonus Cat Video
- Making Chinese Suomian Noodles - http://bit.ly/2dyykPV
- The Real Wasabi - http://bit.ly/2dyxUZU
- Doctor Strange - http://bit.ly/2dyGr1S
Join The Discussion
We’d love to hear from you!
To comment on a show or suggest a brew visit our web, twitter or Facebook pages. As always, we’d love to get a good rating on iTunes or Stitcher!